Ok, So another major version update of the Flarum software was released yesterday.
Apparently it has many changes that are not compatible with many of the 3rd party extensions that I use.
I would like to update to the latest version but I need to wait until extension developers have made their extensions compatible with the new software.
So, when I do decide to update sometime in the next few weeks, the following things may occur:
- I break the site completely and it no longer works forever (unlikely)
- I break the site and spend a couple of days trying to fix it (likely)
- Everything goes perfectly (Unlikely)
- Certain extensions do not get updated and therefore the site will loose their functionality (Likely)
This is just a heads up.
I'll most likely wait a couple of months to give time for extension devs to bring their extensions up to date
I will give plenty of notice before I begin the upgrades.
In the meantime if you notice anything unusual regarding the site please start a discussion in the feedback section and I will address them